Friday 11 October 2013

Final destination - Finisterre

My family, friends and supporters,

On Monday, I arrived in Santiago, attended the Pilgrims' mass and completed the Camino de Santiago. Or as often referred to, The Way of St James. As mentioned in my previous blog, I had one more job to do to complete my task.
  
Clive on the roof of the Santiago Cathedral

I had to get to Finisterre which in medieval times, was considered the end of the world. On Thursday, I completed that objective. I was hoping for an easy end to this adventure but unfortunately I was mistaken.

On the last two days, I completed 35 km, over eight hours, and 31 km over seven hours. At 62, I can assure you, it was no picnic!!!

Thursday night, I went to the lighthouse in Finisterre, to see the sun down, on a beautiful night in Spain.

Sunset in Finisterre

As usual, I ran into many people, who I had met and become friends with over my Camino experience. A new friend, Jerry, joined me on that final walk. 

I can't think of a better way, to have finished this adventure than with the view you see photographed above.


I returned to Santiago this morning by bus, prior to returning to Toronto on Sunday for a Thanksgiving dinner celebration with family.

Clive

No comments:

Post a Comment